St. Peregrine Livelihood & Educational Foundation, Inc.
The St. Peregrine Livelihood and Educational Foundation, Inc., is a non-profit organization, duly registered at the Securities and Exchange Commission and works in close partnership with TESDA-MUNTIPARLAS TAPAT DISTRICT. It was founded by the St. Peregrine Laziosi Parish on April 18, 2000 as part of the social services of the parish. It is currently holding its office and training center at the St. Peregrine Laziosi Parish Center, National Road, Tunasan, Muntinlupa City.
The primary objective of this organization is to help the parishioners in the depressed areas to learn and improve their skills to become independent, self sufficient and productive. In this manner, we can aid in the upliftment of their economic standing amidst the growing nationwide economic crisis.
Our secondary objective is to assist the underprivileged but deserving students in our community. The foundation provides transportation allowances to scholars. We also assist in identifying schools which can provide full scholarship to deserving students. A home-based study program will also be created in coordination with the Department of Education’s (DEPED) Alternative Learning System or ALS.
To see our less fortunate brothers and sisters at Barangay Tunasan become financially independent members of the community, through the engagement in a variety of livelihood endeavors that would eventually lead them to operate small businesses, be self-employed, and thus be self-sufficient. Moreover, for them to later on help and support others in need of an added income.
- To find ways and means to equip the unemployed and under-employed with better skills and capabilities that would enable them to achieve a more humane standard of living.
- To provide seminar/ workshops aimed at helping to develop skills for the development of micro-businesses, livelihood and income opportunities.
- To provide guidance in finding a job that matches the skills of the beneficiary.
- To connect with institutions that can assist the beneficiary in operating a micro-business.
- To search ways of sourcing funds for operating expenses, donors for tools and equipment, and sponsors/ benefactors for scholars’ tuition fees.
- To source out institutions that provide educational scholarship grants.
- To establish relationships with select business organizations/ institutions that can possibly accommodate our beneficiaries.
- Provides training skills for:
- basic cosmetology, manicure and pedicure
- basic massage
- flower arrangement
- rosary making
- building, wiring and installation
- curtain making
- and more programs to come
- On-site cooking demonstrations on food trades and expos.
- Conducts entrepreneurship seminars
- Holds orientation seminars on cooperative management
- Provides educational assistance for deserving students
- Provides material assistance for fire victims within the parish’s jurisdiction
- Participates in parish’s annual gift-giving for the poor
- Assisted in the establishment of Day-Care Center in Sto. Nino Tramo, Tunasan, Muntinlupa City.
*The logo/ images on this page cannot be used for other web or print purposes without explicit and written consent from the foundation officers.